What’s with the smell?
Odors and Health in El Segundo Survey
In response to concerns regarding odors and health effects from residents in El Segundo, we launched a brief survey to assess the impacts of the odors and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) concentrations. This survey can be completed in about 10 minutes. Adult residents (18 years and older) of the El Segundo area are eligible to participate. You may take the survey online by clicking the red button below. You can also take the survey on the phone by calling or texting 323-647-7564. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Summary findings will be shared with participants and the community. See below for resources and information on hydrogen sulfide.
Resources: Odor Event
- South Coast Air Quality Management District: Chevron Notice of Violation
- California Water Boards: Hyperion Notice of Violation
- City of El Segundo: Hyperion Update
- LA County Department of Public Health: July 2021 Community Notice
Resources: Hydrogen Sulfide
- South Coast Air Quality Management District: Air Monitoring Data
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR): Hydrogen Sulfide H2S Overview and Toxicological Profile for Hydrogen Sulfide and Carbonyl Sulfide
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Overview and Factsheet